It makes sense to register with Thames Teachers before planning your move to the UK. Take advantage of our industry knowledge and get a head start before the big adventure!
Find a job
Mobile - Find a Job
Documents required to Teach in the UK
Thames Teachers has a very strict vetting and safeguarding policy which we stick to with no exceptions. You will be working with children who are vulnerable so we are sure you will understand the importance of working with us to ensure you comply with schools’ vetting requirements.
Thames Teachers will require the following in order to send you into London schools:
• Registration form which can be completed in Ireland
• An up-to-date copy of your Resume/CV
• Recent references (covering the last 2 years)
• Irish Police check
• An Interview in Ireland or London
• A UK Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check – this is to be done in Australia, prior to leaving for the UK and paid for online.
Why do I have to complete a UK DBS check?
We know it does not make sense to have a UK police check done if you have no history in the country. It is, however, an essential prerequisite for schools – something beyond our control. These checks come back very quickly because of the fact that you have no previous history in the UK.
You will receive your own copy of the check to keep for your records and to take into all the schools you work in.