Thames Teachers welcomes all applicants, local and international. Our live job board is regularly updated by the schools we work with across Greater London. Look no further, your journey starts here!
Find a job
Mobile - Find a Job
Permanent contracts involve candidates being paid directly by the school, leaving the agency out completely once the contract has been signed. In many cases, long term supply contracts lead into permanent contacts after candidates have proved themselves as the right fit. This works best for candidates as it’s a good way to decide if the school is the right environment for you on a permanent basis.
There are several advantages and disadvantages to consider when comparing a long-term supply role vs a permanent contract:
Pro’s of Permanent Contracts’
• Salary Includes Sickness and Holiday pay from day 1
• Permanent roles last indefinitely
• Ongoing internal CPD, specific to your role
• Job security
Con’s of Permanent Contracts’
• Salary is fixed – you cannot negotiate a better rate once you sign a contract
• Salary reviews will be less frequent
• Longer hours and more commitment in general
• Minimal flexibility for long weekends/extended holidays
• Schools expect a term’s notice when resigning
• Not able to try out different schools in different areas.
Thames Teachers provides permanent opportunities for overseas trained teachers coming over to London. We have a very high success rate of networking on behalf of our candidates, arranging everything from Skype Interviews to helping you with the transition from your home country to London.
The Thames Teachers Permanent Package:
• We conduct the initial short-listing, contacting overseas candidates for specific roles
• Skype/Telephone interviews held with a Thames Teachers Consultant to discuss your exact requirements when looking for a teaching post in London.
• All vetting is conducted by Thames Teachers
• Thames Teachers will present you with options to consider before setting up interviews with the schools directly.
• We will assist you with your application for Qualified Teacher Status in the UK which is vital for permanent contracts.
• We assist with your relocation, including journey, accommodation, banking accounts, National Insurance and of course, an essential supply of Tim Tams!